Friday, January 16, 2015

Menu Madness Jan 19th-25th



 

This use to be called "Menu Monday" but because I'm starting it technically on Sunday...it's just madness. 
 
The leftovers on Monday are from you sandwiches you made on Sunday (last weeks menu). If you make enough, you can use the meat in tortillas, nachos or just eat another sandwich. 

I realize that I post to have a lot of left overs but we're a busy bunch. It's so much easier to cook extra and have it later.

I post the links to the original sites if you want to see the source.

Here is your list that you should have on hand just in case you want to make it all on one day. It's so much easier to cook with what you have then to realize what you are out of.

I've made a printable menu that has the recipes for each item so you can download or print it. 

  • Monday
    Left Over's (Fend for yourself aka leftovers)
  • Tuesday
    Catfish
    Shrimp
    Rice Pilaf (make a double batch)
    Black eyed peas
    Chili cheese fries
  • Wednesday
    Cheeseburger soup
 
 
  • Saturday
    FFYS (Fend for yourself aka leftovers)
  • Sunday
    Ribs
    Baked beans
    Potato salad or loaded potato


The cost of this menu for me was $90.66 which included some snacks, meat that I didn't get from last week and extra deals I found. Yours will depend on the staples you have and the meat. Of course if you find better deals or coupons you can save more. 

I hope this helps. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know.  

Remember at the end of the month we are going to see our total. We're working on saving money! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!