Wednesday, January 23, 2013

French Toast Sticks

My kids love Sonic breakfast items, especially the french toast sticks. But getting 4 kids ready for school, all going different locations, there is NO time to stop at Sonic along the way. Because I can not let my little man down, I googled them this morning and found this recipe. Oh my jeeze! Look at Sonic, mama is here. And yes they were "kid approved".








French Toast Sticks
(I made a third this morning, ok, I Rachel Ray'd it this morning but it was 1/3)

Ingredients:
  • 1 loaf white or whole-wheat bread (2 slices of bread)
  • 3 eggs (1 egg)
  • 1 cup milk (1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup flour (1/8 cup)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (dash)
  • Dash salt 
  • Pint Grade A Medium Amber Maple Syrup 
Preparation Spray a skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cut each slice of bread into 1-inch sticks. Whisk together eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and salt. Dip bread sticks into batter and fry in a skillet until golden brown. Warm syrup in a small bowl. Serve together so the sticks can be dipped in the syrup. Serves 4. Recipe from: Home Cooking March/April 2006 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!